02 July 2013

An Introduction

Hello.

I'm a writer. I've been one in various forms for a long time. But before that, I was something of an athlete. I played basketball and ran cross-country.

I don't know any of my old times. It was a long time ago and we didn't have iPhone apps or training logs or fancy watches or anything like that. We didn't know what a negative split was. We didn't track mile splits.

We showed up, walked to the starting line, and ran.

And then we got pizza. That was the best part.

I gave it up in high school, then picked it up again 15 years later for all the obvious reasons, but mostly because I felt fat. That was a little over a year ago. I've fought injuries along the way, but I've lost 35 pounds. I ran 2 half marathons. One went well. The other one, not so much.

I figured after 500 miles it was time to start writing a little because, well, that's what I do.

So here we are. I'm not sure what this'll become, but I guess we'll find out.

Welcome.